Leaving for Montana probably Friday.
G.'s grandfather is in the hospital again
and for the first time he is talking about
it being the "end of the road." So his
kids are gathering in Missoula this
G. is leaving tomorrow so I'll be driving
up solo with the 3 Chihuahuas. Still trying
to decide which route to take. Should be up
there for about a week.
Right now, the Apache is in the shop.
Oil change and checking all the filters
and fluid levels, fixing the windshield
wipers, checking the brakes which are
"mushy" - that's the technical term the
He identified three leaks - coolant from
the intake manifold and water pump and
oil from the valve covers. I'm holding out
on getting those fixed until August and
will also get a engine block heater installed
at that time. Got to prep for Alaska winter!
Making plans, making lists. The road is